Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Building Blocks of Love

I was over at Pink Wire and her most recent blog sparked a little somethin' - somethin'.

Guy meets girl, or, girl meets guy. There's obviously a physical attraction but most sensible people start to consider what type of person they're dealing with. Rather than laying down, entering and releasing we should talk and feel people out. This would be the courting phase. (dating, talking, chilling, kicking it - whatever you call it)

Go to the arcade, parks, bowling, play twister, uno, take a trip to the zoo. Have an interview with the person, figure out where their head is. Dating should be fun, never too serious and if your going on several dates he/she must be fond of you. Don't rush, don't fall. Allow yourself to experience new things, it keeps things interesting

Relationships become options and often the topic of discussion between the couple and often times, their friends. Don't feel pressured. Do it in your own time. (Another issue I've had in the past) I was always taught to cherish being courted because the sweet dates and door holding start to diminish and you start spending your Friday nights in the house. Titles are bull- it doesn't make him or her anymore yours than the next person. If anything, the titles runs your significant other off. People start to deviate from the plan and true colors start to present themselves. Tisk, tisk.

FINAL POINT - You probably won't get past a first date if you give yourself so soon. What's left to chase if you've already gotten the goodies?

Ladies, Gentlemen, Smuts & Whoremongers...if you all cannot follow these steps you will be shipped to the whore conquest I have created in Iran. Just kiddin' ;-)

6 comments:

morgan said...

I LOVE THIS, VERY MUCH.

For the place that I am in life right now and the way that I think about/analyze things - I needed this.

Thanks Morgie,
seriously.

brandi said...

hah. and Iran is no place for whores, thats for sure.

brandi said...

Oh, and the thing about a 'title.' This I disagree with.

Not giving a true title to the person you are with causes confusion. What is keeping that person there when you don't do that? If that person isn't your girlfriend/boyfriend, that means they can take advantage of you and just be like 'well, you aren't my gf/bf anyways...' Obviously, this can happen even with a title, but I feel even more so without one. No title = no responsibility. If someone can't claim you as their boyfriend or girlfriend... then honestly, I can't see how they really care about you. If that runs your SO off, then they have the problem, not you. And sorry, but titles most obviously make you different from the next person. They say, "this is my gf/bf, and no one else is." I don't really see the logic in any other way.

Morgan Kay said...

I agree Brandi, just speaking from my own past relationships...those people didn't see the difference between a girlfriend and a regular girl.

maybe this go 'round he'll have some couth!

Elle Bee said...

This was very enlightening. I agree completely! As far as the title thing, I don't care to much for them personally. The only title with any significance to me is that of husband and wife. Anything else is irrelevant and doesn't make the bond any more or less secure. Case in point, I have been seeing a guy for a little over two years w/o a "title" and we have had less issues than my "boyfriend" or shall I say ex-boyfriend of 4 years. The important thing is communication. As long as I say how I feel and what I want and he does the same..there are no problems. At least for me there isn't any problems.

Love ya morgzz!

A.I.M. said...

While I am late, I glad to see that you took this position on the issue. While I agree with "Philosopher" in that not having titles for "relationships" leaves room for irresponsibility, not always the case, but often times is the case...In your situations, both past and present, maybe not having titles allows for prosperity.