Tuesday, April 29, 2008

School Daze



After I came back from BOMBING my Econ final I heard Miss Alicia Keys had a new video.
So, of course I peeped it and immediately fell in love. Clearly the inspiration for the video was Spike Lee's School Daze and being a Howard University student, I LOVE the thought of it.

School Daze is loosely based on Howard University. (Not to toot our own horn or anything) From the political activism on the steps of Douglass hall to the good and bad hair complex. It's a timeless movie and one of the many reasons I love Howard! Go Bison!!

On to better news;

  • I have a house! No more dorms and loud intercom interruptions!
  • HE wants to marry me and I'm beginning to think this is more than just a joke. It's like a constant upbringing of marriage and children. I guess I'm not as ready for love as I thought. =/

2 comments:

Marc. said...

you BEAT ME TO IT!. This is by far one of my FAV summer songs and video's. She brought it sooo hard and this stamped her period in the music industry forever. This video is timeless and I'll slap anyone who isnt feeling it!

D. said...

i just saw it today i am soo proud of her!

i knew it!! i knew it!!!
he does love you! wow! i can't wait to sit down and talk to you