Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Looking back..

Sometimes my friends and I sit down and have soul sessions. A question was posed, what was your greatest lost since you first came to school.

Honestly, leaving the security blanket we call "home" and that building that some what shaped me into the person I continue to grow into (high school) was the best move ever. Moving into my dorm freshmen year and meeting all the people I met molded me. I've grown so much and all that I've endured has manifested itself in the young woman I have become today. Each day I grow and learn more about myself, more about life and the journey I chose to partake to peace. Life is beautiful, for lack of a better description. Beauty always comes with vices and life definitely has those. I've certainly learned to love the good and the bad, because it is what defines the struggle, it is what defines the glory.

I used to want to be like people, but I'm so blessed that I am who I am. I don't know what others have endured to become who they are today and they don't know my trials. We are all different, even family, though we come from the same place we are going in different directions and I've learned I can do nothing but respect that. Perhaps, I am officially a woman. Officially aware of God's doings, my beauty, my gifts and my curses.

Looking back, I am exactly who I aspired to be.

2 comments:

A.I.M. said...

Morg, for some of us it takes longer than others to figure who exactly God wants us to be, and the fact that you know who God wants you to be, does indeed classify you as woman, and I am happy for you! While I do believe that we never completely know who we are, and that we never finish growing,now that you have found the beauty that is Morgan, you can begin to grow in a different form.
I wish to be just like Morgan (in terms of finding that peace, and that beauty that makes me who I am) when I grow up. I'M PROUD OF YOU and as much of a jerk as I OFTEN am, I LOVE YOU, I'm proud of who you are, and I'm HAPPY/ GRATEFUL to call you my SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elle Bee said...

"I used to want to be like other people..."

I too share the same past feelings..

and now that I have come into my own...I can finally admit it :-)

Doesn't it feel good to just be...

-Bee