Friday, August 22, 2008

Is all that we know...?

I've been had. Hoodwinked. Fooled. Led astray. Deceived. Duped. Outwitted and TRICKED.

Damn. Damn. Damn. You think you know a person and then the light is flicked on and who you thought was there, wasn't there at all. 

Vulnerability is the best way for me to explain this. I loved him, well, I loved who I THOUGHT he was. I called him my brother, my friend, my rock and I trusted him with my life, with my thoughts and my secrets. I let him in. HURT. 

If I could talk to him again, I'd be afraid. Fearful because the power I thought he had, he did, just not under the circumstances in which I was ready to deal with. Where will life take you? Why did you fool us? Were your words genuine or was I just a pawn in your game? Answer me! 

Traumatized. I watched my hope walk away in handcuffs. . .

2 comments:

Mrs. Mary Mack said...

Add Flim-flamed, and bamboozled...I know the feeling all too well...if you like Kate Nash, check out Adele. Great blog!

Tigerlily said...

This is outrageously on point. It inspired me....read my new blog :)