Sunday, June 1, 2008

who really has your back?

When people answer that question...they'll say one of two things:

1. Your family.

2. Your close friends.

Much to his, hers and my dismay....that's the furthest from true.

Family just means you come from the same place but are inevitably branching off, much like a tree. They'll cut you deep, lie on and to you and when you make "it" they'll claim you owe them things and suck away your funds. They are energy vampires. Now, they definitely don't have your back!

Friends should be the last people you depend on and if you do, don't be silly enough to call them your family, because in the aforementioned description of family....they let you down the most.

I'm realizing all I have is me. When I think of a best-friend the greatest is my mother because no matter how upset I make her, she never judges, never lies and never sells me out.

You can't trust anyone or anything but yourself and your own ability to fend for yourself.

I have my back. I hold me down and it took me 20 years and 8 days to see it.

3 comments:

A.I.M. said...

While you are very correct that at the end of the day, all you have is yourself to rely on, I want you to know that you will always have me and Rae...no matter what happens, now matter what minor spats or arguments may come, we will both always have your back!... LOVE YOU!!!!!!

D. said...

if nobody has your back then the only one who has it is God..

and that's the greatest force to be reckon with. You want Him in your corner.

Plus, you have friends like me in yo corner homeskillet.

brandi said...

I agree. Other than God, my mother is the only one I can really trust. And even she makes mistakes, but I know she has my best interest more than anyone else.